The annual Kennett Middle School Students vs. Faculty Basketball Game was held on Friday night, March 4th at 7:00pm. Some of the highlights of the night included:
- The cheerleading team rooted on all players during the game and performed a halftime routine.
- A group of teachers performed an exciting dance routine before the game.
- Members of the Kennett Middle School’s Treble Choir sang the National Anthem before the game.
- Mrs. Donovan and members of the Yearbook Club, for whom the proceeds of the game benefit, snapped many action shots.
- The 8th Grade Girls Basketball Team competed against the Female Faculty Team in the first and third quarters.
- The 8th Grade Boys Basketball Team competed against the Male Faculty Team in the second and fourth quarters.
- The Student Council sold tickets during lunches and at the door.
- A few 8th grade students were chosen as the “color commentators.”
- Many teachers volunteered their time selling tickets, doing crowd-control, and running the clock and scoreboard.
- Superintendent Dr. Barry Tomasetti and Physical Education teacher Mr. Vince Cattano refereed the game.
- In addition to Mr. Cattano’s refereeing skills, the rest of the Physical Education department was fully represented by Mrs. Matthews’ cartwheels and high-kicks, Mr. John Howanski’s monster dunks, Ms. Meghan Shumway’s dominating dribbling and defense, and Mr. Dan Augustine’s legendary jump shots and youthful, consistent performance.
- Members and supporters of “Annie” the musical sold snacks during halftime.
Although the Faculty Team eked out the victory in the end, fun was had by all in this friendly yet competitive Kennett Middle School tradition. Special thanks to Language Arts teacher Mrs. Judy Jester and the Student Council Advisors, Language Arts teacher Mrs. Karen MacNamara, History teacher Mrs. Gina Bevan, and Art teacher Ms. Amanda Conner who organized the ever popular event.
Pictures coming soon!