In March 2017, the Pennsylvania Department of Health amended its regulations regarding school immunizations. These regulations take effect August 1, 2017 and will impact students for the 2017-2018 school year. The amendments will affect many students in the Kennett Consolidate School District and any student who is not in compliance by August 28, 2017 will face exclusion.
Changes taking effect:
- The deadline for immunization verification is now the first day of the 2017-2018 school year, August 28th 2017. Previously, school administrators could work with students and families until well into the school year before a student faced exclusion. This is no longer the case. Any student who has not provided proof of immunization by August 28, 2017 will face exclusion.
- Any student who has only received 3 doses of the polio vaccination will need a 4th dose by August 28, 2017. This amendment could affect students of any grade.
- For students entering the 7th grade, vaccinations remain the same (Tdap & Meningitis Vaccines), but are now subject to the new deadline of August 28, 2017.
- Seniors in the 2017-2018 school year will now need a meningitis vaccine by August 28, 2017. This is the second of two meningitis vaccines that are required for students.
Letters will be mailed to students informing them of their status. If you have any questions regarding where your child stands, you can contact your school’s nurse before June 14.
- Bancroft Elementary – Ms. Maureen Orlando, firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-925-5715
- Greenwood Elementary – Mrs. Tricia Harlan, email@example.com or 610-388-5993
- Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center – Mrs. Kelly Hostetler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-444-6285
- New Garden Elementary – Ms. Patricia Body, email@example.com or 610-268-6903
- Kennett Middle School – Mrs. Diane Shannon, firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-268-5874
- Kennett High School – Mrs. Kathleen Eginton, email@example.com or 610-444-6615 OR Ms. Jane Heemer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-444-6615
After June 14, if you have any questions, please contact Diane Shannon, RNC, MSN, School Health Coordinator at email@example.com
If you do not have access to health insurance, contact the Chester County Health Department:
313 West Market Street
West Chester, PA 19380
The medical certificate must be signed by a physician, certified registered nurse practitioner (CRNP) or physician assistant (PA). If the child will be receiving the immunizations from the Chester County Health Department or other public health department, a public health official may sign the medical certificate.
Again, any student who is not up to date by August 28, 2017 will face exclusion.
New Vaccine Requirements 2017 – English
New Vaccine Requirements 2017 -Spanish