In the fall, winter, and spring, students take an online test called the Classroom Diagnostic Tool (CDT) in Math, Language Arts, and Science. It is a tool that helps teachers know where the students are academically and helps them plan for the best instruction possible for our students. The CDT is similar to the Study Island benchmark and ALEKS benchmark that we have used in the past. While results of the CDT will not be part of your student’s marking period grade, we want students to try their best so that we can provide individualized instruction in areas in which they can grow.
For more information about the CDT, please visit The CDT site and click on Parent Resources.
Students in grades 6-8 will take PSSAs in English Language Arts and Mathematics and students in grade 8 will also take PSSA Science. A letter with more specific information will be sent home to parents closer to the testing dates.
- PSSA ELA (3 days) – April 22-24, 2019
- PSSA Math (2 days) – April 29-30, 2019
- PSSA Science (2 days) – May 1-2, 2019 *same week as Math
- Makeups need to be completed by May 3, 2019
- PSSA ELA Window: April 20-25, 2020
- PSSA Mathematics, Science and Make-ups Window: April 27-May 8, 2020
- PSSA ELA Window: April 19-23, 2021
- PSSA Math, Science and Make-ups Window: April 26-May 7, 2021
Students enrolled in Algebra I will take the Algebra I Keystone exam in the spring. A letter with more specific information will be sent home to parents closer to the testing dates.
- Spring session window: May 13-24, 2019
- Spring session window: May 11-22, 2020
- Spring session window: May 17-28, 2021