All students must have the following forms filled out in order to play any Kennett Middle School sport:
- Informational Physical Letter
- Sports Physical Forms – PIAA CIPPE Sections 1-6
- Winter Sports Physical Forms – PIAA CIPPE Section 7 (& 8) – & Information
- Spring Sports Physical Forms – PIAA CIPPE Section 7 (& 8) – & Information
- “ImPACT Test Form”
- Wrestling Hydration Information & Form
- KCSD Athletic Participation Fee Form
- KMS Interscholastic Athletic Opportunities Disclosure Form 2015-16
All Students MUST have a physical and ALL required paperwork MUST be handed in PRIOR TO TRY OUTS. Physicals must have been done after June 1 of the given year. Without a physical (done after June 1) and without paperwork being handed in, a student may NOT try out.
The PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association, the governing sports body for the state of Pennsylvania), sets the starting dates for the individual sports seasons (Fall, Winter & Spring). For high school sports, specifically for Fall sports, the season starts prior to the start of the school year. Listed below are the starting dates for Kennett Middle School.
PAY TO PLAY: KCSD has adopted a Pay To Play policy which other schools in our league have employed for several years. Once your student-athlete has made a KMS team, his/her coach will provide the Pay to Play information ($30/sport). This fee must be paid before your student is able to participate in practices/games. Additionally, the PIAA is mandating students and parents read and sign a Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Concussion information sheet. This form is part of the PIAA Sports Physical package.
|Sports Offered at Kennett Middle|
|Fall||Girls – Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Cross Country, Cheerleading
Boys – Soccer, Cross Country, Football
|Winter||Girls – Basketball, Cheerleading
Boys – Basketball, Wrestling
|Spring||Girls – Lacrosse, Softball, Track
Boys – Lacrosse, Baseball, Track
Sports Start Dates
Fall Sports: Try-outs for KMS FALL sports will begin within the first two weeks of school starting.
Winter Sports: Try-outs for KMS WINTER sports will begin in November.
Spring Sports: Try-outs for KMS SPRING sports will begin in March.
**Particulars regarding try-outs will be made on morning announcements, provided in Bottom of the Bookbag and posted to the KMS webpage under News > Daily Announcements.**
Click here to review the Interscholastic Athletic Opportunities Disclosure Form for 2014-15
PLEASE NOTE THESE SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Student Attendance at KMS Sports events
We welcome all of our students to afternoon sporting events.
Here are the guidelines that need to be followed.
- Make sure that you have asked your parents if you can stay for the event.
- At the end of the game the office phone will not be available.
- Make your plans ahead of time.
- On the day of the event go directly to the gym.
- Take all of your belongings with you. This includes coats, hats, book bags etc.
- You will not be able to go to your locker after the game or the event is over. This includes the locker room also.
- Students should enter the gym take their seats and wait for the event to begin.
- Students should not enter the court for any reason.
- There is no food or drink available in the cafeteria. The cafeteria is off limits for any afternoon spectators.
- There is no food or drink permitted in the gym.
- There are no hats worn in the gym.
- All students must be in the gym while the game or the match is in session.
- At half time, students may go into the hallway directly in front of the gym.
- Students may use the bathrooms facilities in the B wing only.
- At half time, no student may go into the classroom wings or outside the building.
- At no time during the game should students be in the lobby while the game is going on.
- All of the classroom wings are closed to students during the afternoon events.
- There is no reason for students to be in the side hallways next to the gym.
- Students who are staying for an afternoon sporting event may not leave the building.
- If a student leaves the building he or she should be prepared to leave the game or the event. There is no re-entry.
While at the game
- You represent the Kennett Middle School as a player and as a spectator.
- Any language, actions, gestures or interactions with other students, spectators, visiting teams that are reported, observed and/or judged as inappropriate will result in that student being asked to leave the game immediately.
- All school rules apply for afternoon sporting events
- Any student who is asked to leave any game at any time will not be permitted to return to future events.
- While at all basketball games while foul shots are being taken-There is silence in the gym.
- All behavior of KMS students must exceed the acceptable level of behavior and sportsmanship. The supervising principal will make final determination on the behavior if observed or reported
After the game
- Please be prepared to leave the building immediately
- Advanced arrangements are important
- Please be sure to take all of you belongings with you as you exit the building.
- We hope to see our KMS students attending our games and supporting our teams